Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getting Back Into Technology

(This is a guest author article.)

When I was invited to write for Abhinav's blog, I was a little hesitant about the prospect. It has been more than 6 years since I did anything technically serious. That was back when I was the IT/MIS manager for a telemarketing corporation in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.

I realized, however, that I have a lot of experience that dates all the way back to the early 80s and as recently as last year. It would be a shame to hoard the knowledge that years of experience have taught me.

In the next few days, I'll be writing some articles on specific topics that are more tech-oriented than I'm used to writing. Since I'll be digging a lot of it out of the recesses of my memory, it may take longer than I expect. The first batch will begin with a programming language (or scripting language, if you prefer) and my experiences with it.

It should be a lot of fun -- I don't get into this much on my own blog at Untwisted Vortex. Perhaps writing here will pique my interests once again.

2 Comments:

Pankaj Shah expressed...

Ah! I see this new way of networking coming up at techXtreme. In a way,this is healthy and i personally like it. Looking forward to more tech-angled content at techXtreme

Abhinav Sood expressed...

Thank you RT. I'd like to learn some good programming/scripting from your posts to come. techXtreme is still in a stage of infancy,with just a little over 50 posts. I hope your writing here will give a new dimension to techXtreme