Monday, July 23, 2007

"My Computer leads to Search" blues

I have been getting many e-mails in the recent past about this problem, when someone would double-click on any folder in 'My Computer' and that would open a search window. This can be pretty annoying. And its, of course, unwanted. After All,who'd wanna search when one knows where one wanna go to. You don't want to open a search window when you double-click an album to play your favorite song in it.

Here's the simple solution:

Open 'regedit' and navigate to the following keys one by one:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
In the pane to the right hand side, delete the "Default" key. If it doesnt work then delete the key "find" under both.

Everything should now be OK

2 Comments:

pankaj sood expressed...

I also had this problem in my computer and this was very irritating. Thanks for the solution..
thanku ......

pankaj sood expressed...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.