Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blogoversary could be a cool blog-widget, BUT...

I installed the code for showing my "blogoversary" [www.blogoversary.com] on techXtreme but removed it today! because it didn't show the correct number of days left to my blog's anniversary i.e. 26th January.
The little graphics button looks cool and promises to get you lots of wishes from the readers of your blog.

But, I have noted that the service is not flawless. The graphics button above is a screenshot that I took today on 22nd December. It shows that techXtreme's blogoversary is in 4 days, however there are still about 35 days to go.

Another bug in the service is that it doesn't know that there are only 365 days in an year (or 366 days in a leap year!). Blogoversary still generates a graphic image for you, if you enter the day in the month-field and the month in day-field !

I entered the following information (mm/dd/yyyy format) :::


and still I was able to generate a widget that went something like this :::


To my surprise, there is no "Contact" info on the website. I really wanted to notify them about this so that I could again showcase this widget on my blog!
*************************
Subscribe to the techXtreme RSS Feed

0 Comments: