Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Google Toolbar Sucks!

Soon after the I noticed that Google Toolbar is illuding me as per the only function I use it for i.e. keeping a track of Page Rank, which is Google's measure of importance of a webpage. I have decided to remove it at once.

I was left thinking about what caused such abrupt fluctuations in Page Rank showed for techXtreme. After Liza dropped me a comment letting me know that she had checked the page rank for techXtreme at various websites and that it was not more than "0", I did a Google for analytical websites where I could ascertain myself whether she was right. A website that I came came across during the search operation had a Page Rank of 4 (PR 4.)

Alright, techXtreme was PR 0, but when I opened techXtreme from the same place, the Google Toolbar still showed a PR of 4! I checked again by visiting techXtreme from PR 2, PR 5 and PR 6 sites; the toolbar showed PR 2, PR 5, PR 6 respectively for many minutes after techXtreme was opened. RumblingLankan might have faced the same thing before he concluded that techXtreme is a PR 5 blog!

I never expected something GOOGLE would be behaving like this. It certainly doesn't take this much time to gather data for analytical purposes.

Before kicking Google Toolbar ass-out, I tried uninstalling the add-on, cleared the cache and re-installed it but the same problem persisted! No excuses to spare this thing now!

Besides using the toolbar for checking the Page Rank, I used it for bookmarking sites. But I believe, Firefox's in-built bookmark manager does the job equally well, if not better!

Good Bye Google Toolbar.
Merry Christmas!


*************************
Subscribe to the techXtreme RSS Feed

0 Comments: