Thursday, December 27, 2007

Moving to Wordpress Very Soon!

I have been with Blogger/Blogspot for the last one year, and it has not been a bad experience in anyway, but very soon I will be moving to a self-hosted WordPress blog using my own domain. The popularity and versatility of the WordPress blogging platform has always fascinated me.

Everything has already been set up, though a few glitches still exist. Like the errors in importing the posts and comments from techXtreme in the new website. It is most probably to due to the fact that I am on a Windows-based server while WordPress is "most OK" with the LAMP package (Linux-Apache-mySQL-PHP). I am trying something round the simple and suggested default procedure to get everything right with my friend Leo {Feedest.com} and will kick start when everything is all set right.

I haven't started to publicize the new blog, even though the posts and comments till 25th of December are available, because I may need to flush the database as I have lost the access to administration panel and hence its impossible to manage anything like this. It won't be a good idea to ride a horse with no reins. That is why, I won't still be disclosing the site address.

I'll surely post when I am done with the development process or rather, I will redirect this http://techxtreme.blogspot.com to the new website. Till then stay tuned to techXtreme.

Update::: Alexa rank for techXtreme has jumped higher to 845,692 from 996,735


*************************
Subscribe to the techXtreme RSS Feed

4 Comments:

dianeclancy expressed...

Great!! I think self-hosted WordPress rocks!! Many hosts also have simple one-click installs and updates. And it is so cool how helpful the WordPress community is!

It does seems that there have been a lot of problems with Blogger lately from what I have been reading.

Now we just have to get you over to Mac and you will really cruise!! (mostly joking)

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Patriot expressed...

yeah , self hosted wordpress is cool. And its great your doing this now before your blog really takes off.

Abhinav expressed...

I don't agree. Blogspot is not just a blogging site. It is a community and a very close knit one at that. I've met many good bloggers on blogspot whom I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Husain and saif expressed...

First I want to congratulate you for this amazing blog!
We Are Pleased To Announce The Launch Of Movies Gallery 08, Mobile Movies in 3gp format, Reality show, Funny Video, Upcoming Movies 08 Trailer, About Dubai,Real Estate, Tips Of Career And Many More . .

It looks like you are a movie buff, and frequently blog about movies.
To start just go to http://hollywoodmoviesforu.blogspot.com/

We hope you like it. Please send us any feedback on the movies and help us improve the sites further.